A hammertoe is a deformity that causes your toe to bend or curl downward instead of pointing forward. It may also occur due to an imbalance in the muscles, tendons, or ligaments that normally hold the toe straight. This deformity can affect any toe on your foot.
- An abnormal bend in the joints of one or more of your toes
- Moving Affected Toes may be very painful
- High-heeled shoes or footwear that’s too tight in the toe box can crowd your toes into a space in which they can’t lie flat
- Abnormal balance of the toe muscles
- An injury in which you stub, jam or break a toe can make it more likely for that digit to develop hammertoe
- Avoid shoes with pointed toes
- Avoiding high heels will help you avoid back problems
- Wearing laced or strapped shoes which are roomier and adjustable
- Don’t bear with the Pain. Learn more about how BODYFEET Aligners Kit can help you to solve your foot pain.